4 March 2018

President Ronald 10/12m AM/FM Review.

Video:YouTube/MikesRadioRepair

For those of you (yes both of you) who are thinking of buying the Ronald 10/12m radio......

I recently did a bit of a survey on various Facebook pages regarding this radio. I asked "Will you be buying the new President Ronald 10/12m radio?", here are some of the responses.....

"Why would I?"

"Without SSB, it's nonsense"

"President does no cool radios anymore. For HAM use I would require a repeater shift and SSB"

"Would not waste my money on this radio"

"WOW - Didn't know President was still around"

"This is not a HAM radio"

"Without SSB it's a complete waste of time,  FM on 29Mhz is about all it could be used for other than as a CB.... and we all know it's a CB really"

"Why would you buy a radio these days without SSB on it?"

"Pity they don't put SSB on all radios"

"AM/FM radios don't do anything for me. I find it odd that they reused the Ronald name when originally the Ronald was SSB"

"Why would I want to spunk £150 up the wall on an AM/FM radio? Ooooo it covers the 12m band, shame the band is CW, data and SSB - not AM/FM. So this is a chocolate teapot. It's made in china and only costs £100 in the states"

"This is very good... for the CB band. It does 50w PEP on AM"


Now after that type of customer feedback there's no way any company would be considering bringing out another radio like this one yes????

.... Oh bugger! 


1 comment:

  1. What kinda crazy sick fuckin bastards would do such a thing

    ReplyDelete